Onward to Eden
Miles and miles of mountains and cityscape will be in my sights by Friday. I’m climbing in the car and taking off on Thursday evening, driving eighteen hours through plains and rolling hills and even the bare and windy land of Wyoming… all to arrive in my beloved Eden, Utah. … Or so I hope. Although Eden and Salt Lake City haven’t ever permanently been my home...
I am proud to report that my college photography class is in session. And although it is much more grueling and complex than expected, it makes my entire day. I can’t imagine myself not being in this class. While I’ll eventually share my own work via this class here very soon, I’d much rather highlight classmates’ work of myself that they’ve been posting lately. :) ...
Will you please not give up on me? I haven’t given up on you.
(Photos via Mod’s Coffee & Crepes / Tulsa, OK) Last night I went out with my lovely best girlfriend Ryan. We settled on this new tiny hole-in-the-wall restaurant downtown called Mod’s. I’ve been itching to find good gelato since I’ve begun reading Eat Pray Love (finished yesterday, I’ll have you know! It is magnificent.) After searching the depths of Google, I...
My Life According to Devendra Banhart
Using only song names from ONE ARTIST, cleverly answer these questions. Try not to repeat song titles. It’s a lot harder than you think! Reblog as “My Life According to (BAND NAME)” Are you a female or male? Carmensita Describe yourself: Lover How do you feel: Can’t Help But Smiling Describe where you currently live: Meet Me At Lookout Point If you could go anywhere, where...
Like many, I’ve recently begun reading the fantastic, spiritual, inspiring, witty, and just overall sensational book that is Eat Pray Love. I was not, however, inspired by the movie and the hype around it. In fact, I don’t think I’ll even see the movie. Not only do I dislike Julia Roberts, but I know Hollywood will never be able to capture all of the beauty that is within these...
toothyhellbeast asked: I recommend O'Hare. It's a HUGE airport but it's also the most legit. Plus it's really close to the city.
I’ve been looking at Chicago flights that I could take during my breaks from school. Tickets, as I should have known, are considerably cheaper in the fall than around Christmas time. This means that this will probably be my birthday present in October. I’d leave the afternoon of the 20th and return on the 24th, the day before my eighteenth birthday. (If I even do come back.) However,...
I don’t ever want to shower. I’m a weird human being. But today I am showering because at 2 o’clock, I have my senior portraits. Which really, means taking one pristine yearbook photo and then jamming out to the Beatles and jumping on couches for the rest of it. Sweeeeet. <3
So many things I need to say. So many apologies I owe. I don’t even know where to begin.
“Follow your heart, but be quiet for a while first. Ask questions, then feel the answer. Learn to trust your heart.”
So, uh… about that 30 Days of Inception challenge… I’m just going to do it on the days I feel like it. Sound cool? Cool.
I am satisfied. “The best things in life are unexpected - because there were no expectations.” Eli Khamarov “What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you’ll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don’t ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins.” “Never idealize others. They...
Proudly posted about my musical adventure with the Los Angeles widescreen rock band Gooding this evening on my music blog, Soul Coughing. Check it out!: http://soulcoughing.tumblr.com/
We can never be like you, so we reduce you to simplicity. But you have sparks of divinity. You are married to infinity. We make you fear your imperfections, but in fact, they are the diamond of your being… and they will always offer unimaginable variations. You have forgotten how to dream because we have removed it from your language. But there are things inside you that are mysterious and...
10. Watch one of Christopher Nolan’s previous films (Following/Memento/Insomnia/Batman Begins/The Prestige/The Dark Knight). Post a one sentence review. I’m cheating and posting two sentences. Sue me. The Dark Knight: An intelligent, gripping, and deep movie that will impress you and infect you. It glistens and shines even though its theme is cloaked in darkness.
hitrecordjoe: hitrecord: A stream of beautiful and brilliant conscious-ness from wirrow just hit the site: “and a new earth” wirrow writes: “this is nothing more than a sort of stream of consciousness-y thing ive been writing lately. i saw this timelapse vid today by bluebudgie and was really inspired to experiment with it. i understand how this might be seen as political or preachy or...
eyeswideshutunopened: emcup: thatsallfolks: ...
9. Who is your shade? Honestly, I think everyone probably has a shade in their life. I can’t name him, but I most certainly have one. I’m torn between loving him and hating him often. And it seems that just when I’ve pushed him out, he knows, and decides to manifest himself in my life again. It’s a vicious circle.
Reblog with a false stereotype about where you... →
pickwick: -loveyoumore: Michigan: We’re all a bunch of Canadians. Bolton: We all sound like Vernon Kay Oklahoma: We all have Southern accents and live on farms. (I’ll have you know, I’ve lived here my whole life and have an accent that isn’t specific to ANYWHERE. And the city I live in is a bustling, classic one with plenty to do. No livestock in sight for miles.)
I have not listened to Lights ever until about three minutes ago. Please, someone please, PLEASE, PLEASE tell me this girl version of Owl City is not for real. I am severely disappointed that my generation actually calls this talent. And proceeds to thoroughly like it. I just can’t even… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLbIyqQ2hp0 = Lights, “February Air”.
10 Ways to Avoid Hipster Baby Names - The Daily... →
(via apsies) This made me angry. Whatever you choose to name your child is what you choose, and that’s all that matters. Since when were there guidelines and rules? I’ve had the name Auden picked out for a boy since I was twelve years old. I still like it. I was shocked to see it on the list. (It’s not well known at all.) I don’t care if it sounds like Autumn, I...
I missed a day in the 30 Days of Inception challenge. Whoops. Oh well. I’m going to do two today to make up, days 7 & 8. :) 7. What is your totem? Well, after venturing over to the Inception wiki and seeing what they had to say about Totem’s, I figured mine out. But first, I’ll share was the article said. It’s kind of interesting: A Totem is an object that exists...
6. Who is on your team? (Fill all roles - Extractor/Point Man/Architect/Forger/Tourist - aside from your own role). Can be celebrities, fictional characters or people you know) Extractor: Zooey Deschanel. Yes, really! Who says a woman can’t fill this role? NO ONE. So, I would totally put her on my team. While everyone on the team contributes pretty equally, it’s obvious that...
Music Fest North West
Yes, ladies and gentlemen, Music Fest North West in Portland, Oregon. For the past month or more, my friend Ash (http://window-window.tumblr.com/) and I have been desperately scrambling to make the trip to Portland for this festival in September. We’ve considered going by train, plane, automobile, Greyhound bus… we know the precise prices for the different options and the times it...
5. Your favourite Inception character: Arthur, hands down. It may be because I just enjoy looking at Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s face so much… buttttt, I like his character a lot. Truthfully, every single one of them are my favorites for one reason or another, but I feel a soft spot for Arthur.
Candid / Neverevereverdid / Mint / Fine / Used 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 - Titles of the photos, in that order. Took these of myself and my things today on a whim. Fun fact on the matches: I have the habit of lighting matches several times a day because I like the way they smell. Most of my friends know this about me and are amused by it. I ran out, yet again, today. I decided to take photos of the...
4. Your favourite Inception quote: “Quick, give me a kiss.” “They’re still looking at us…” “Yeah, it was worth a shot.” Seeing this for the third time tonight with my gentleman. It’s his first time to see it. :p I’m excited to see his reaction. I saw it with my mum and her boyfriend last night and they adored it. And just for the...
3. Create the first level of your dream. Where does it take place? Jökulsárlón, Iceland. It’s a glacial lagoon in south east Iceland that I’m just totally enamored with. I view it at least once a day on the live Iceland feed here: http://www.inspiredbyiceland.com/icelandlive/#jokulsarlon The image above is a screen shot I just took of it. :) I’m sure that when I went into...